Friday, March 19, 2010

Get Out of My Head, Witch!

"I think, therefore I am"
-Rene Descarte

As humans, we think a lot. We think about dinner, relations with friends, family, and/or/at same time as work. But lately, I've found myself in a particular pattern of thinking that you may have in fact found yourself. I have been thinking for other people. That's right! I can tell myself what you think about crap before you do!

Now, before I proceed, I must say that my powers are not unique and I never said anything about being correct. For example I think that certain personages might not appreciate certain content, and a thusly throw these ideas in my mental garbage bin. Have any evidence been put into consideration for this? No, but that is not the point.

We have created a society that is self-censoring. Any current students of English may find this to be a tired and overused thesis, but the fact that your favorite (ahem) blogger has experienced it may bring the point home that much more. We decide what others expect of us and act accordingly. The person in question may be dying for you to do... whatever it was you were thinking about, but this point is moot. This does not mean you should shout profanitites at the top of your lungs in public, (but if you happen to do so, make sure someone films it, 'kay?) but you should still free yourself to be a little bolder.

This post, unlike every single other post I've stained the internet with, is a work with a group in mind. This post is for all the people who have ever told themselves "Naw, no one wants to hear that". Be not afraid. Contempt for the bold is worth more than ingorance of the timid.

2 comments:

  1. "I must say that my powers are not unique"

    ...and your book is not expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed yes, and the last line is better that the rest of the post put together :)

    ReplyDelete