Tuesday, June 2, 2009

...Yes It Can

Religion is not, as you said, a rebellion. Its is more of a searching for an explaination for what cannot be explained. With that said, a religion is not utterly neccessary for a country, but is rather a stablizer for what might be a boring and worthless existance. Let's look at the Middle Ages again. The peasants of Europe were dirt poor (actually, they probably can't affford dirt), and they had to perform back-breaking labour all day. So what did they have to look forward to? Heaven. And how do you get into heaven? Being a good Christian. Therefore, each day was worth living because of the effort you put into getting to eternal paradise. See where I'm going? Religion soothes the drudgery of everyday life.

Oh? But many horrific things have been done in the name of religion? Like? The Crusades? I think that you will agree with me in saying that the knights of Europe wanted the Holy Land just because the Seljuks did, not because of any real violence associated with their faith.

My point being that the things that were done for religion are more likely than not to have been truely motivated by greed or bigotry. That is why I propose Christianity as the main religion. why? Because there is nothing wrong with it. Don't get me wrong, All other religions are perfectly fine, maybe even more so. How exactly do I say this without being racist... Judaism seems to be the biggest target of crap from others in the world (Israel, for example) and many others promote certain aspects that are not acceptable with current activists and judges. (Polygamy. yay or Nay?) therefore, I go with what works, again, not to say that the others don't.

By the way, please keep all hate mail to a minimum, as I have absolutely nothing against any faiths or followers of said faiths.

2 comments:

  1. You make some good points, but religion can interfere with governance, consider this:
    "If god is the highest order, higher than my government, their laws are meaningless; the only true word is that of god." Leadership requires power, and a religion with a deity subtracts from that power, from the allegiance to the state. I'll post more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, but you confuse the issue torwch (just to play devil's advocate, being an atheist myself) People say the pope has power because he is your medium between god and you. To get nearer to god you need those people of power (priests etc.) so helping and being loyal to them helps you in turn.

    ReplyDelete