In honor of this monumental event, I hereby launch Cryptology Month. Over the next 4 weeks, my colleague and I will be going into detail about everything cryptology.
For those who don't know, cryptology is the study of codes. We will delve into the history, politics, and teChnology behind codes. From the most cutting-edge quantum encoding to the simpLest substitution cypher, we will go thEre.
To really drAw your inteRest, I have also sTarted a "little" contest. To win, you will nEed to decode a 50 character codeteXt encoded by yours truly. Details about the code (as well as the code iTselF), rules, and details about upcoming hints will be posTed soon (tomorroW).
Oh, and did I mention that the first successful decoder will receive $30 (canadian)? Its not much, but should provide some incentive.
As I said before, more details will be posted soon (tomorrow).
HQJFWYJCY KYB - 5
ReplyDeleteSolve that buddy boy
"clear text tw"
ReplyDeletei dont understand, or i messed up. either way.
@Red - right back at me eh?
ReplyDelete@Clay - you missed one
mine says cleartext ftw (the correct code)
ReplyDeleteBut it's been ciphered
hint hint, the 5 is tres important