Is what I see real? Am I really here? Do I matter? Am I just a self-replicating piece of stuff? Is my only purpose in this small world to pass along my DNA? Is there a way out of this? Out to what?Are we really here? This problem has NOT been thought of much before the modern age. Most people then had to work hard and live in the present, they couldn't ask silly questions that didn't make any sense and really make no difference in our lives. Fortunately, I can. I am fully prepared to delve into the most irrelevant things. Don't thank me, someone has got to do it.
Back to the question. Now there is no way to really know if what we see is real. We don't know of any ways to test it. Most people will say that what they can feel, touch, hear, smell, or taste has to be real, its just there. But we are human, we question, we explore, we crawled outside the non-sentient box. We are the figurehead, we are the captain, we are the leaders of Earth. So its our job to speculate.
And speculate we shall... What could be out there? Sorry, not "there" but something closer to "outside"... Outside the bubble, what is there? Hopefully not some Matrix post-apocalyptic horror. Maybe someday I will wake up gasping in a vat of nutrients. But I hope not. The "outside" as I will call it, is more of a concept to be shaped as we see fit. It should not be a PLACE so much as it should be a higher LEVEL. This is akin to god or some other mythical "better" being. It is a place we should strive for, set our sights on the sky. It is a place we should want, it should be our dreams, our hopes, our most precious thoughts. We will make a new bubble, one for every person. We can rebel, we can burst the old and inflate anew. Tear down the "higher beings," let us make our own world, shape it as you see fit.
I urge you to do this. Please, what makes you happy, what drives you? Shape your world around these, bind it tight. It is YOURS, keep it so, open it to those you hold dear. Run with your passion, be your passion, SHAPE YOUR WORLD TO BE YOUR PASSION!
Never ever forget that...
-With a gust of wind, the torwch is out...
What if we eventually make a computer game where the characters in that computer game are self aware. And we are those characters. The world outside would be way better graphics like PC games today ;) but all joking aside, it is very possible we are not "here", but would the beings simulating our existence not prevent us from becoming aware of it? or would they just let us think they would so we believe we are here.
ReplyDeleteAhhhhh! more puzzles! need sleep...
black holes would be glitches :)
ReplyDelete